The title of the songs on the EP and their descriptions are as follows;
1. Oh My Love: Oh my love is a Pop genre love song that describes a lover’s commitment and steadfastness to stay true in all conditions. Ifé employs the use of her mother tongue, Igbo, English and Pidgin on the rendition.
Get Oh My Love Here
2. Ozo featuring Umu Obiligbo: Ozo by Ifé featuring contemporary highlife/hip-hop duo Umu Obiligbo Is an Afro/Pop song, borne out of the desire to beautify ilu (Proverbs) of the Igbo culture, intertwined with melodies that are soothing, with energetic lyrics that strengthens the soul which gives humanity reasons to reflect on their behaviour as they live everyday.
The song tells everyone who cares to listen to please stop repeating the same thing that doesn’t go well with mankind instead, change and become a better version of themselves by doing something different in a positive way.
Get Ozo Here
3. Omenana: Omenana which means “Tradition” conveys the message of the need for Africans to realize who they are and stand up for it in Unity. Ifé uses an Igbo folk tune as her theme which tells us that come what may, our traditions and values as Africans can never be taken away from us. Omenana is a song that appeals to Pan Africanists in all works of life.
Get Omenana Here
4. Ije Awele featuring Unchained XL: Ije Awele featuring Unchained XL is an African danceable tune with the inclusion of rap which adds another dimension to it. Ije Awele refers to arriving safely to a place of peace and communion in the society were skin colour doesn’t define who we are as love conquers all. The African and hip-hop fusion is smooth, making it ideal for young people who are lovers of Pop and Rap.
Get Ije Awele Here
5. Little Lady: Little Lady is a soulful song that describes the story of the girl-child. It conveys her emotions accompanied by the experiences she encounters in her everyday life reminding her that there’s light at the end of the tunnel if she holds on to dignity and purity.
Get Little Lady Here
6. Black Bird: Black bird is an adaptation from an Igbo folk song titled “Nwa nnunu nta“. Ifé blends the folk tune into contemporary soul music without altering the original melody. The song speaks to African birds (humans) to return to their roots and embrace home which remains where they belong.
Get Black Bird Here
Dark Light (EP) is Revolutionary and Inspirational.
Follow Ifé on social media;
For bookings and enquiries: +2348184451989
Want Latest Songs? Click HERE
Want Latest Videos? Click HERE